Resolve Mediation offers mediation services to those seeking an alternative to litigation. Mediation is a confidential, cost-effective form of alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
5 Reasons to choose Mediation over Litigation
- Quicker Process: Mediation is a scheduled conference which may last 1 – 2 days and is much quicker than going to trial, which can take weeks or months to prepare for, even prior to your case being heard.
- More affordable: When you use a mediator, you avoid the fees that accompany going to trial. These fees may include processing fees, document fees, attorney fees, and more. Once a trial concludes, you may want to recover these fees or be ordered to pay additional fees. If your case does not win, this will be a time consuming, financially draining process.
- Confidential: In mediation, the process is completely confidential, even if you do go to court the mediator cannot disclose any mediation communications. The mediator maintains confidentiality between all parties.
- Less adversarial: In mediation the two parties are coming together to negotiate and resolve their conflict. Even though the parties are in dispute, both are seeking settlement and are willing to open the lines of communication. Each party arrives with a desire to reach an agreement.
- Neutral third party-Alternative Dispute Resolution: A mediator is a neutral whose role is to participate with an open mind without preconceived ideas to the outcome. Their responsibility is to listen to both sides and help the parties understand each position, with the ultimate goal of reaching an agreement.